- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Welding Technologist plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates welding procedure specifications and related programs, supervises and documents welder Inspections, interacts with welding department (manufacturing and repair), works with welders, suppliers and 3rd party personnel, to meet the customer and plant's requirements. Reporting to the Proccess Engineering Manager
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental welding programs.
- Support Continual Improvement projects through efficiency and/or cost of quality improvements
- Develop and qualify new process specifications when required.
- Develop welding procedures and data tracking mechanisms.
- Review project specifications for cost exceptions.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of welding issues and decisions.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced welding personnel.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Candidates will possess a degree in Engineering or a diploma as an Engineering Technologist in Mechanical or a similar manufacturing discipline
- Minimum of 2 years welding related experience, including welding metallurgy experience, in a manufacturing facility is required.
- Additional knowledge in any of the following would also be an asset: TS16949; ISO14001; PLC and HMI programming; vision systems; servo systems; systems; machining; ergonomics; line balancing and MOST techniques; GD&T; PHSR/machine guarding; Six Sigma.
- Must have knowledge in Robotic MIG Welding.
- Advanced knowledge of the weldability of base metals is required, including selecting the welding process, filler metals, heat treatment, and post-welding NDE.
- Advanced knowledge of welding inspection and related NDE methods are required.
- Knowledge and execution experience with Process Flow, Control Plan and Statistical Process Control.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- Must use PPE.
- This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.