- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position is responsible for technical support, troubleshooting and repair of all Plant welding and assembly equipment.
- Responsible for installing, repairing, servicing machinery and equipment support systems
- Identifying and trouble-shooting production problems
- Maintaining production lines and performing predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Comply with all Quality System procedures.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work.
- Must be able to work environment with welding fumes from robots.
- Industrial equipment electrical troubleshooting and installation
- A sound understanding of welding fundamentals and theory.
- Robot programming and troubleshooting of the following equipment:
- ABB, FANUC, MOTOMAN, and/or NACHI
- Able to read electrical schematics and drawings
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Can troubleshoot, repair, and install hydraulic systems
- Can troubleshoot, repair, and install pneumatic systems
- Can troubleshoot, repair and program resistance and MIG welding equipment
- Perform basic machining
- Perform required Preventive Maintenance checks &related data
- Complete required logs and repair documentation
- Knowledge of safety lockout
- Work independently
- Execute all job responsibilities in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Related Work Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing welding maintenance.
- Minimum Education – H.S. Diploma or GED
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required 6-7 days per week.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.