- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Weld Technician is in charge of running welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuous improvement.
- Create, modify and maintain weld applications
- Modify weld schedules/ set up parameters for MIG, spot and projection weld applications
- Modify weld fixtures to improve or correct welds
- Create and maintain weld schedules, set up and operator instructions
- Support production and maintenance to troubleshoot and repair weld equipment
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for increasing plant efficiency and cost reductions
- 4 years related work experience in weld manufacturing environment
- Prefer Community College degree in Welding Engineering technology or Certified Weld Technician form a recognized body
- PLC programming experience
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4954