Weld Technician Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Weld Technician Apprentice will be trained in areas of running welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuous improvement.
Weld Tech apprentice will achieve proficiency in areas such as:
- Create, modify and maintain weld applications
- Modify weld schedules/ set up parameters for MIG, spot and projection weld applications
- Modify weld fixtures to improve or correct welds
- Create and maintain weld schedules, set up and operator instructions
- Support production and maintenance to troubleshoot and repair weld equipment
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for increasing plant efficiency and cost reductions
Applicants will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required (must provide transcript or official copy of diploma/ GED)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relative, teacher/ instructor, supervisor, etc.)
- Completed application
- Basic skills test score of 75% or higher
- Able to pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug screen and physical
- Prefer candidates with previous welding experience in a manufacturing environment (robotics preferred)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 4135