Weld Robot Technician / Electromechanical Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Weld Technician is in charge of running welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuously improve welding operations. Primary focus is Set up, changeover and troubleshooting robotic welders.
- Create, modify and maintain Welding Applications using Panasonic, Fanuc, ABB & Nachi Robotic Welding
- Create, modify and maintain PLC AB & Omron backups for welding equipment
- Modify Weld Schedules/ Setup Parameters for MIG, Spot & Projection Welding Applications
- Modify Weld Fixtures Setup to improve or correct welds/ components position as per drawing specifications
- Create & maintain Weld Schedules, Setup/ Changeover and Operator Instructions
- Create and maintain Poke Yoke Systems in Welding Area
- Support Production & Maintenance to troubleshoot and repair the Welding Equipment
- Identify & Implement Continuous Improvement Projects for increasing Plant Efficiency and Cost Reductions
- Participate in 8D Discipline Report to implement Process or Product Corrective and/or Preventive Actions
- Create and update Welding PFMEA for various products
- Participate in new welding equipment selection and suggest new welding equipment
- Analyze and make proposals for improvements to the performance indicators that apply to the welding process
- Validate and maintain records of welding control parameters
- Assist in training and methods for welding operations
- Optimize the performance of welding consumables
- Support Plant Quality System
- Active participation in the implementation & development of Environmental Quality Systems
- Participate in commissioning new welding equipment
- Community College Diploma in Welding Technology or Certified Weld Technician from a recognized body or
- 4 years related work experience in a welding manufacturing environment and willingness to attend college courses to gain journeyman certification.
- PLC Programming experience using Allen Bradley or Omron PLC
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical and Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 4459