- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Weld Engineer will be responsible for leading new manufacturing technology projects, championing best practices and standardization process for robotics, welding and robotic welding. It will provide support to all areas where technology expertise is required including launch management, support and customer initiatives. Successful candidate will be one who is looking to advance his/ her manufacturing career through development and implementation of standard manufacturing principles and will have the desire to promote to high levels of responsibility within the organization.
- Develop new welding procedures, oversee performance and evaluation of weld qualifications and obtain required customer approvals of procedures and qualifications.
- Evaluate new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes
- Recommend and develop preventative maintenance procedures for all plant welding equipment including robotic systems.
- Evaluate processes and procedures to maintain or improve welding parameters and welding efficiency.
- Provide support to the Robotic welding activities including programming and troubleshooting.
- Improving manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvements and efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience in field, preferably with an automotive supplier
- Sound understanding of welding fundamentals and theory
- Robot programming and troubleshooting of the following equipment: ABB, FANUC, MOTOMAN, NACHI
- PLC programming and troubleshooting