Weld Destruct Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This operation requires the tear down of the metal part/material by using a tear down gun, plasma cutter and any other hand tools as needed for a safe operation. This job is very physically demanding and the operator is exposed to very loud noise. Frequent lifting of moderately heavy material.
- Experience in weld destruct/tear down.
- Experience with cut and etch.
- Experience in push out, pull, and torque testing to analyze welds
- Experience using a stereo microscope for measuring /analyzing MIG welds
- Basic knowledge of welds including MIG, Resistance/Spot and Projection
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling safety.
- Basic operating knowledge of personal computers and software.
- Ability to read blue prints and related drawings, specifications, etc.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have good verbal communication skills
- Must have good writing skills to complete required reports.
- Must have strong math skills and must be able to pass a Basic Math Test.
- Must be physically able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, or stand in close, confined surroundings.
- Must be able to work in environment with welding fumes from robots.
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required 6-7 days per week.
- Physical ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours per day with frequent walking, bending, twisting and reaching
- Wearing required PPE in a manufacturing environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.