Waste Water Tech
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing and disposal equipment in waste water (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must be knowledgeable of the operation of the waste water treatment equipment and processes
· Must be knowledgeable about the waste water treatment discharge requirements and limits
· Completes required inspections and completes/signs Hazardous Waste manifests per DOT and RCRA training
· Performs PM’s, troubleshooting and repairing pumps, valves and other components in the waste water treatment system
· Understands applicable RCRA requirements to inspect hazardous waste storage
· Must be forklift certified
· Labels all incoming and outgoing chemicals
· Works with little or no supervision
· Understands and follows written department procedures
· Trained on department work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department
· Understands the requirement and use of Personal Protective Equipment
· Knowledge of TS/QS9000 and ISO14001 requirements and how they affect the department
· Knowledge of safety requirements and regulations pertaining to duties
· Must have good attendance and solid safety record
· All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
· Frequent horizontal reaching
· Occasional overhead reaching, bending/squatting, twisting, simple grasping, firm/power gripping, fine manipulation/pinch gripping
· Frequent walking and climbing stairs and balancing slippery, narrow walkways (4’ above floor level)
· Chemical exposure to hazardous materials
· Frequent overhead reaching, bending, squatting and standing
· Required Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, Kevlar or rubber gloves, ear protection, steel-toed shoes/boots, chemical suit and gloves
· Near/Far Visual Acuity/ Color Vision / Depth Perception – inspection of product and ability to see others and for safety
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to properly maintain records and/or reports
- Must be able to communicate in English
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.