Waste Water Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Waste Water Supervisor is in charge of the control the physical-chemical water process through policies, procedures and internal and external regulations, to treat 100% of the wastewater generated by the plant to ensure environmental protection, he is responsible of designing prevention programs to prevent failures on waste water treatment & disposal, ensuring compliance with applicable environmental legislation.
• Manage and maintain waste water treatment system at peak operating levels with the goal of meeting regulatory requirements, operating cost efficiently and minimizing impacts to production and the environment
• Manage repairs or coordinate with maintenance, any repairs to waste treatment systems.
• Manage or establish preventive maintenance programs as required.
• Manage inventories for the Waste Water Treatment department.
• Supervise lab
• Supervise management of hazardous waste storage areas and building in compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
• Maintain records with attention to detail
• Maintain and revise department work instructions and procedures as required.
• Complete required regulatory reports in timely fashion
• Perform regular audits
• Safely handle potentially harmful chemicals and wastes (strong corrosives, chrome wastes, etc.) on a day to day basis
• Utilize proper PPE, including but not limited to; chemsuits, face shields, chemical resistant gloves, safety glasses, boots, respirator, etc.
• Complete manifests, confirm proper labeling and DOT placarding for hazardous waste shipments.
• Respond to spill incidents as required
• Work closely with environmental and safety departments to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and permits
• Know and understand local, state, and federal regulations and permits associated with facility
• Follow all safety rules and procedures consistent with the task at hand
• Report directly to Environmental Manager
• Other duties as assigned.
• The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
• Associates degree or equivalent job experience
• 2+ years’ experience in waste water treatment or at least 2 years’ experience as an industrial process operator, maintenance or lab technician (or equivalent)
• Must obtain IEPA Class K Waste Water Operator Certification within 6 months
• 24 hour HAZWOPER certification within first 6 months and maintain annual refresher
• DOT “Shipping Hazardous Materials” Training within first 6 months and refresher every three (3) years
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• Mathematical aptitude (Basic calculations working with fractions, ratios, proportions, and units of measure)
• Ability to work inside and outside in cold and hot environments
• Computer skills (basic)
• Must be able to obtain fork lift operator’s license
• Must complete and pass medical exam including Pulmonary Function test and respirator fit test prior to employment
• Must be able to work unsupervised
• Mechanical aptitude
• Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or other formats
• Be willing to work various shifts
• Ability to coach employees
• Understanding of ISO 14001 EMS systems
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.