Vice President of Quality
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Vice President of Quality is a key member of the leadership team, who will work across the entire organization to provide vision, creativity and results-oriented leadership required to build a world-class organization and establish a robust and efficient Quality System Globally. The Vice President, Quality will lead and promote Flex-N-Gate’s culture of quality, and will be responsible for quality of products as it relates to product excellence.
- Provide hands-on leadership and technical direction globally to ensure delivery of strategic, tactical, and quality goals.
- Establish, improve and execute Quality strategy and goals aligned with Flex-N-Gate’s overall plan. Ensure, that the organization is trained to the highest standards of Quality excellence and technical competency utilizing best in class processes and practices
- Establish and maintain procedures in compliance with regulatory agencies, aligned with corporate guidelines and, the organization’s needs and requirements across all facilities.
- Champion corporate continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS)
- Assure effective tracking and trending of department performance and quality indicators, focus management on those metrics and actions across the organization and make improvements and adjustments as required.
- Lead significant quality issues.
- Be “hands on” with the issues, make appropriate recommendations, develop plans to resolve the issues, communicate the plans and progress to the organization.
- Collaborate with the functional heads across Flex-N-Gate; creating an accountable and quality based culture.
- Educate and train employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Provide strategic input to the annual planning process by working with senior management, ensuring timely, effective use of resources.
- Develop and implement quality systems designed to reduce and/or eliminate non-conformances, increase efficiency, and support Supply Chain agility
- Ensure team collaboration and effective partnerships with key stakeholders (i.e. Ops Management, Product Development, Engineering, Supply Chain, etc., to drive alignment on priorities,resources and approaches
- Maintain Quality Management Systems to ensure they are updated and aligned with internal and Customer requirements
- Bachelor degree in Quality Management or related science or engineering field. Advanced degree (MS) desired
- 15-20 years’ experience in Tier I automotive supply base, developing, implementing and leading company-wide quality management systems
- 7- 10 years in senior leadership roles with increasing responsibilities and track record of successful management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Experience with customer relations/management preferred
- Knowledge of automotive Quality tools and Quality managements system
- Knowledge of IATF 16949
- Knowledge and understanding of OEM Customer specific requirements
- Strong desire and demonstrated “hands on” approach to problem solving
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of time domestically and internationally
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3780