Ventra- Ionia-Mold Repair - Journeyman/Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra IONIA is currently searching for a skilled, efficient, energetic and safety oriented Mold Repair. This position will provide professional, skilled labor in completing all tasks including installation, preventive maintenance, and repair of Molds and Tooling systems. The position must be able to work all shifts.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures and root causes
• Repair all plant machinery and equipment including robots, welders, hydraulic presses and mechanical presses
• Provide mechanical and electrical support for plant Dies and Tooling Systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Move, align, level, and install machinery
• Observe functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards and adjustment needs
• Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
• Must be able to work Monday - Sunday, all shifts, and overtime including weekends when required
• Must have 3-5 years maintenance experience
• Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge experience working with Dies and Tooling systems.
• PLC Knowledge
• Strong communication skills and problem solving skills with Strong problem solving skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to stand up to 10 hours per day with frequent walking and Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Must have a journeyman’s card or at least 8 years documented experience in skilled maintenance work
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals and work instructions
• Must be able to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision
• Must be able to successful repair plant and office machinery
• Must be able to assist in the installation of new machinery as required
• Must be able to direct purchasing on the correct parts and services to allow for repair of machinery
• Must have solid welding skills
• Must be able to operate a crane and maintain a license to do so
• Must be able to operate a hi-lo and maintain a license to do so
• Must be familiar with minor industrial electrical work
• Must be familiar with proper lock out/tag out procedures
• Must be familiar with proper confined space procedures
• Must be able to perform facility repairs
• Will be required to work at heights up to 62 feet.
• Will be expected to perform normal repairs without step-by-step directions.
• Must be willing to travel locally if needed.
• Basic tools and toolbox will NOT BE PROVIDED.
• Must be willing to work any shift.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.