- # of Openings
- Information Systems
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is seeking a full time user-interface (UI) designer to join our growing in-house software development team. Our team deploys software solutions for a multitude of departments within FNG, scaling into a global enterprise-level system. Our User Experience unit has been tasked with detailing business processes, understanding user preferences, and prototyping the larger vision of what the system will strategically grow into.
Team members will be responsible for interpreting user journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes and creating high-fidelity design specifications. The UI designer will also be expected to design the overall style and visual language of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Assist in strategic development of design language and global components to keep user experience consistent and cohesive across all modules.
- Create library of UI components to be used by both UX and development teams.
- Take wireframes and prototypes from low-fidelity to high-fidelity and create design specifications to be replicated by the development team.
- Create and maintain color pallets to be used as software module navigation indicators, setting context and mood for user’s digital work environment.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Three or more years of UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who take initiative to learn new skills and be invested in the success of our users, contributing to the success and growth of the company. Automotive industry background and experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with users and department leadership to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, and usability.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX, UI and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3792