Trainer / Instructional Designer
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is looking to hire a full time trainer capable of developing training content in text and video for our internally developed systems.
This position is a hybrid remote/in-office schedule based out of our Sterling Heights, MI (US applicants) or Windsor, Ontario (Canadian applicants) location with.
- Study, learn and be taught about our internally developed systems, primarily our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Executive System (MES).
- Plan, design, develop and maintain many types of learning or reference materials, including:
- Help documentation
- Diagrams and process maps
- Work instructions / standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Training scripts and video tutorials
- Provide training to our employees on our internally developed systems, both virtually and potentially onsite.
- Provide general support & guidance for our internal systems.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Background in training development.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Listening, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Business process mapping and documentation tools and techniques (i.e. BPMN, Flow Charts, etc.).
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Required Technical Skills:
- Adobe Premiere Pro, Captivate, Camtasia, or equivalent experience
- Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- LMS system experience a plus
Please email resumes directly to MITCresumes@flexngate.com with a subject Software Documentation and Training for consideration.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.