Trainer / Instructional Designer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is looking to hire an experienced Trainer / Instructional Designer capable of developing training content in text and video for our internally developed systems. This position will also be responsible for training our users (remotely during COVID).
- Study, learn and be taught about our internally developed systems, primarily our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, and potentially our Manufacturing Executive System (MES).
- Plan, design, develop and maintain many types of learning or reference materials, including:
- Training scripts and video tutorials
- Work instructions / standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Help documentation
- Diagrams and Process maps
- Provide training to our employees on our internally developed systems. Virtually right now, but eventually including in person, onsite training at our facilities.
- Provide support for our internal systems.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong background in training development.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Captivate, Camtasia, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with LMS system preferred.
- Experience with Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with business process mapping and documentation tools and techniques (i.e. BPMN, Activity Flows, Flow Charts, Visio, LucidChart, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.