- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Ventra Plastics Russellville, Inc
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
As a Division of Flex-N-Gate, Ventra Plastics Russellville is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Tooling Technician for our Plastic Injection Manufacturing facility. Ventra Plastics designs, develops, and manufactures a range of plastic injection molded and assemble automotive components. As a Tooling Technician you will be responsible for Plastic Injection Mold tear down, repair and re-assembly.
- Repair and preventive maintenance of production tooling
- Provide Technical assistance to production team and assist in problem solving
- Recommends equipment shutdown when not performing to specifications
- Experience & Knowledge Required in:
- Drill Presses
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Electrical knowledge
- Hydraulic knowledge
- Knowledge of Hot runner systems which includes HRS, Synventive, Mold masters
- Examine form and texture of plastic parts to detect imperfections on Class A surfaces
- Dismantles dies to access and repair tool
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components
- Examines tools and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of the part
- Available and willing to work 2nd shift - Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. - 11:06 p.m.
- Work overtime as needed
- Work well on a team
- Self - Motivated
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Attendance
- Strict adherence to Safety and Quality requirements
- Journeyman's card preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This is a manufacturing environment that requires prolonged standing, visual acuity, hand dexterity and working in a warm climate
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2907