- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Under the direction of the Process Engineering Supervisor, the Ventra Fowlerville Tool/Die Maintenance 1/Journeyman position is responsible for mentoring assigned Tool/Die Maintenance 2(s) and daily maintaining the upkeep and repair of all dies to create a safe, clean and productive operation.
- Perform tool repairs correctly and efficiently without direct supervision; ability to identify conditions requiring tool repair.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Responsible for identifying tool conditions requiring tool repair and for performing tool repairs with minimal or no supervision.
- Ensure the molding department is maintained and operated in a manner that will reduce downtime and improve the life of the equipment.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Participate in corrective action plan development, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Weld various types of metals using various types of welders.
- Ensure quality parts are being produced and respond appropriately to correct problems.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Maintain 5S Standards for department.
- Safety operate all equipment necessary for tool maintenance and repair.
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Skills with arithmetic, algebra, and geometry and their applications.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Experience with computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Skills to develop, plan, and implement short and long-term goals
- Ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Be able to determine the tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Can develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skills to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
- Can design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Ability to identify problems, basic and complex, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
- Be able to manage one’s own time with minimal supervision.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Be able to obtain and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Must be able to perform tasks and deliver high quality meeting or exceeding customer standards.
- Must demonstrate 5S standards according to department.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules and regulations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4769