- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Supervises toolroom and skilled trades employees to guarantee activities are performed and manage the department's human resources and equipment; meet product quality requirements and the KPI's set by the tool room management.
· Organize priorities and assign activities in the tooling area.
· Responsible for carrying out the maintenance plan and tool improvement plan.
· Responsible for maintaining tooling indicators up to date and for establishing follow-up programs for all the information related to improvements and the reduction of overtime, scrap and down times.
· Establish maintenance routines per every single die, improve tool room resources.
· Train toolmakers on maintenance tasks and help the department with any new projects, drawing check, etc.
· Keep focused on ISO TS and be prepared for audits, lead the 5s´s in the department and maintain in contact with the tool room manager in terms of updates, new projects and/or urgent requisitions.
· Ensure compliance with tooling planning.
· Manage and follow-up the manpower plan and the die protection plan, as well as to guarantee quality at 100%.
· Coordinate the production plan monitoring and check priorities at the tool room and implement the QDC program and any engineering changes.
· Overtime as required.
· Associates Degree in Tooling or;
· Five to eight years related work experience in a tooling environment.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers’ compensation legislation.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
· Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
· Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
· Strong analytical ability
· Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
· Troubleshooting ability is required
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
· Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.