- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tooling Manager’s primary responsibility is the oversight of tooling activities within the plant. This includes ensuring that tool design is efficient and effective and that there is minimal production down time attributed to tooling problems.
- Manages tooling activities at the facility including the adherence to procedures and compliance with environmental requirements associated with processes, equipment, waste generation and permits.
- Generates corrective and preventive action plans as required.
- Supports communication of the importance of the EMS to employees in area of responsibility.
- Supports EMS internal audits.
- Authorizes corrective and preventive actions in response to EMS non-conformances applicable to area of responsibility.
- Participates in incident investigations, where appropriate.
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of procedures and work practices to employees in area of responsibility.
- Communicates procedures and work practices.
- Complies with applicable environmental legal and other requirements.
- Supports development of objectives and targets.
- Ensures appropriate resources for the maintenance of the EMS are available in area of responsibility.
- Works with design to ensure that manufacturing best practices and safety are integrated into design of all new production tools. Supports and maintains mold standards and specification manual.
- Gets mold/die build cost quotes and award business based on cost, timing and type of tool.
- Approves all preliminary and final steel layout drawings, water diagrams, and part layout.
- Approves or refuses all primary tooling POA's. Authorizes payment for primary tooling.
- Makes recommendations for repairs on all new tooling base on sample product runs. Validates that all recommended repairs have been completed based on sample product runs.
- Participates as insource lead. Collects information on tooling and capacity and facilitates transfer of tools from sub suppliers and competitors.
- Develops safe, robust processes on all new tooling that are capable of producing the highest quality possible and highest efficiency possible.
- Specifies new equipment requirements to support new programs and replace existing equipment.
- Works with equipment manufactures to provide required training and assures equipment meets expectations.
- Facilitates problem solving for ongoing problems in regard to machinery and tooling.
- Works with sub suppliers to assure their processes are capable and repeatable to provide the highest quality product possible.
- Participates as staff member, QS9000/TS16949 lead, and involved with Hoshin project setup change over time reduction.
- Maintains compliance to company policies and work rules, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Reviews and evaluates direct report(s) for performance and recommends rate changes accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business or a related field preferred.
- Ten + years’ experience in a similar tooling/tool room management position required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional /technical journals, financial reports, and production reports.
- Ability to respond effectively to the inquiries or complaints from vendors, customers or associates.
- Ability to write effective memos and other basic correspondence materials.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and associates
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.