- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tooling Engineer provides technical expertise in the area of product, material, process and quality.
- Coordinate tooling for new jobs and/ or changes to existing jobs in accordance to customer specifications
- Creates and maintains timelines for production tooling and equipment engineering changes, vendor tryouts and installation, and final tryouts
- Follows up on tooling and equipment related to engineering changes or new builds and provides direction and assistance to vendors
- Provides support to tooling and weld technicians in problem solving and process deficiencies in the tooling or welding of certain product
- Reviews tool designs submitted by tool sources and makes necessary recommendations to meet customer specifications and assures process capability
- Responsible for DFMEA and PFMEA, process flow diagrams for work instructions,and packaging instructions
- Responsible for tooling set up sheets
- Provides engineering support on technical issues to all departments
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years Tool and Die experience in a tooling environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems related to metal stampings
- Strong commitment to quality
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Manual dexterity
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3886