- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tooling Engineer develops and maintains effective methods of efficient and profitable manufacturing by analyzing and improving methods and standards related to tooling and the manufacturing process, analyzing plant methods and standards, preparing cost estimates of changes in Tooling and materials and performing audits of machine and personnel in the duties of changing, modifying or regeneration of tooling. The Tooling Engineer provides technical expertise in the areas of product, material, process and quality, tooling improvement design. The Tooling engineer position primarily operates hands on the plant floor (75%), and desk work (25%)
- Directly responsible for all aspects of tooling used on rollmills in the plant. Includes monitoring and making improvements.
- Acquire skills to set-up and troubleshoot all rollmills. This includes associated tooling, equipment, and welding on mills. As required a large portion of the duties will be hands on troubleshooting assisting manufacturing and other departments. This will include keeping parameters and set-ups organized with other departments.
- Provides Backup support to the Maintenance Department and acts as the replacement in absence of Maintenance or T&D supervision.
- Work hours needed for responsibilities of job. Requiring weekends.
- Work directly with tooling and other vendors for delivery, quality, timeliness and cost.
- Finds new product and manufacturing methods to improve production.
- Attends APQP meetings to support successful launch of new programs.
- Attends new tooling reviews with corporate tooling design team.
- All other duties as assigned.
BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience preferable in one of these industries (automotive, metals, roll forming, tooling)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc)
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Willing to be on the floor and get their hands dirty
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.