Tooling Engineer- Metals
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Follows tooling build for metal stamping business to assure design meets FNG standards and produces product meeting customer specifications.
- Evaluates new product design and performs design reviews with Program Managers and tool shops to assure design meets FNG standards.
- Technical resource in reviewing tool design and tooling estimates and recommends alternative processes to improve production performance and reduce raw material usage.
- Evaluates potential tooling suppliers and recommends sources based upon adherence to time line, equipment, manpower, knowledge, competitive pricing and capacity.
- Recommends solutions to product problems relative to design.
- Evaluates and approves tooling design at die shop before build and follows the build process.
- Is the technical resource during the tooling process from design through build through first piece tryout.
- Attends die tryout at plants to identify and correct any final issues.
This position will be based in our Ionia/Grand Rapids plants, working with local tool shops
Knowledge of tooling build or repair at journeyman level.
Knowledge of OEM customer tooling requirements
Drafting and design and training
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Engineering degree or tooling journeyman or equivalent.
Ten (10) years experience as in tooling technical position at Tier One OEM metal stamping supplier.
Tooling design and estimator experience preferred.
Program management experience.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2676