- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tooling Coordinator organizes tool improvement and change processes, tracking appropriate tool related corrective actions to process owners and monitoring updates. This individual manages special projects, tool improvements and coordinates tool-related manufacturing and quality issues, while promoting proactive efforts in cost reduction and continuous improvement programs. The Tooling Coordinator ensures the completion of each tooling project and evaluates its effectiveness. This individual maintains up-to-date information on current tooling practices and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of the companies’ manufacturing procedures.
- Tracks appropriate tool related corrective actions to process owners and monitors updates.
- Ensures the completion of each tooling project and evaluates its effectiveness.
- Maintains up-to-date information on current tooling practices and procedures ensuring the effectiveness of the company’s manufacturing procedures.
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and coordinates work activities with other departments.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Ensures standards for safe working conditions are observed.
- Sets up machines and equipment; writes programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools.
- Communicates with Tooling Manager and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Reviews production scheduling, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities.
- Estimates production costs, cost saving methods and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action and control.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Confers with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities or project status.
- Plans and establishes sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Studies operation sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine worker function and responsibilities.
- Recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and utilities.
- Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Records or oversees recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawing and documentation of production problems.
- Completes production reports, purchase orders and material, tool and equipment lists.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and costs analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Coordinates and implements quality control objectives, activities or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability or minimize costs.
- Evaluates precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Formulates sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Licensed toolmaker or
- Five to ten years related experience, preferably in automotive industry dealing with progressive dies and transfer tooling.
- Ability to effectively make decisions and problem solve.
- Familiarity with production systems and processes.
- Must have analytical abilities, be mechanically inclined and work with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of conflict resolution methods and able to effectively apply them.
- Progressive and transfer die experience.
- Ability to work individually and as a team player.
- Must have a CAN DO attitude.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must have strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 4443