Tool Room Supervisor (San Jose, Mexico)
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals. We are currently searching for a qualified Tool Room Supervisor for our San Jose, Mexico location.
Scope of the Position
The Tool Room Supervisor coordinates and oversees the activities of the employees engaged in operating machines/equipment for general die maintenance and at the press machines. The Tool Room Supervisor assists the Tool Manager to ensure that production rates, schedules, quality, quantity and safety requirements are met.
- Proficient in all department operations, providing absence relief when required.
- Develops or revises standard operational practices and observes associates to ensure compliance with standards.
- Conducts “on-the-job” training.
- Understands the policies for disciplinary action following guidelines and administering.
- Identifies problems and applies corrective action.
- Monitors employee performance and conducts evaluations of employee’s performance.
- Reviews reports and resolves operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost or delays.
- Conducts all responsibilities held by a department supervisor.
- Complies, stores and retrieves departmental records and maintains confidentiality.
- Completes required departmental documentation.
- Has general awareness of safety requirements and regulations.
- Understands the requirements and uses of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for proper collection, disposal and management of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Has general awareness and knowledge of ISO14001/TS16949, environmental standards, and how it affects the department.
- Has completed the overview for statistical process control.
- Trained on work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department.
- Understands the work order system and follows through on work order completion.
- Develops PM schedules for Tools and equipment.
- Completes weekly Safety Inspections and Observations
- Engineering or Bachelor's Degree in Metal Mechanics or Industrial or related field preferred or ten years in a similar supervisory-level tool management / tool room position as experience.
- Possess knowledge of health, safety and legislative regulations for workers.
- Advanced English Skills
- Management of computer software (Excel, Power Point, World, design)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical / professional magazines and production reports.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from suppliers, customers or employees.
- Analytical skills and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have strong organizational skills, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory qualities.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities and / or situations with strong conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the Automotive production process (Stamping, welding, assembly), machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Reading and interpretation of GD&T / Drawings (high level)
- Understanding of Engineering Specifications (high level)
- Interpretation of CMM reports / Designs (high level)
Savings Fund (Does not apply to all plants)
Insurance of major medical expenses
Work Sponsorship assistance for qualified candidates
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.