Tool Room Manager
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool Room Manager oversees the tooling activities within the plant including the adherence to procedures and compliance with environmental requirements associated with processes, equipment, waste generation and permits. The Tool Room Manager is responsible for efficient and effective tool design and minimal production down time attributed to tooling problems.
- Ensures all molds are properly maintained with preventative maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Creates and maintains a tool room budget on supplies and mold repairs.
- Ensures daily operations of the department are carried out in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for employees of the tool room department, conducting orientation with all new hires or transferred employees.
- Monitors tool room performance, evaluating employee workmanship and generates corrective and preventive action plans as required.
- Develops work order system to document tool history.
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of procedures and work practices to employees in area of responsibility.
- Works with design to ensure that manufacturing best practices and safety are integrated into design of all new production tools. Supports and maintains mold standards and specification manual.
- Obtains mold repair cost quotes and awards business based on cost, timing and type of tool.
- Participates as management team member by being involved in ISO14001 / IATF 16949, management meetings / reviews.
- Attends APQP meetings to support successful launch of new programs.
- Licensed Mold Maker with 7-10 years related experience building injection molds.
- Minimum 5 years experience in management type role.
- Possess knowledge of tool room equipment, general fabrication of mold components, wiring of manifolds.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional / technical journals, financial reports and production reports.
- Ability to respond effectively to the inquiries or complaints from vendors, customers or employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively present information and produce reports to top management and employees.
- Must have strong organizational skills, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.