Tool Room Manager
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Recommends and completes the purchase and / or build of secondary tooling fixtures or equipment with appropriate vendor, and ensures production readiness thru qualifications and capability runs.
Completes Machine / Equipment buyoff process for equipment or machines.
Assists with development and implementation of automated assembly systems to produce products utilizing various technologies including robotics.
Assists in preproduction build events.
Investigate Engineering Change Feasibility with secondary processes and associated tooling.
- Supports and assists company skilled tradesman, engineers and management in resolving production related issues. Ensures all dies and fixtures are properly maintained with preventative maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Ensures the department provides quality products to internal customers.
- Ensures the quantity or volume of product or services will meet the needs of its internal customers.
- Creates and maintains a tool room budget on supplies, die repairs and fixtures.
- Ensures daily operations of the department are carried out in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for employees of the tool room department, conducting orientation with all new hires or transferred employees.
- Monitors performance and conducts performance evaluations as required.
- Generates corrective and preventive action plans as required.
- Supports communication of the importance of the EMS to employees in the area of responsibility.
- Develops work order system to document tool history.
- Supports EMS internal audits.
- Authorizes corrective and preventive actions in response to EMS non-conformances applicable to area of responsibility.
- Participates in incident investigations, where appropriate
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of procedures and work practices to employees in area of responsibility.
- Communicates procedures and work practices.
- Complies with applicable environmental legal and other requirements.
- Supports development of objectives and targets.
- Ensures appropriate resources are available for the maintenance of the EMS in the area of responsibility.
- Works with design to ensure that manufacturing best practices and safety are integrated into design of all new production tools. Supports and maintains mold / die / tooling standards and specification manual.
- Obtains mold/die build cost quotes and awards business based on cost, timing and type of tool.
- Approves all preliminary and final steel layout drawings, water diagrams, and part layouts.
- Approves or refuses all primary tooling POA’s. Authorizes payment for primary tooling.
Must have automotive background.
Degree in related field or equavalent years of experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.