Tool Maker - Plastic/Mold
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs repair and preventive maintenance injection molds tooling
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Troubleshooting and tearing apart Injection Molded tooling
- Welds and benches molds to return them to original condition.
- Operates standard tool shop equipment such as lathes, grinders, milling machines, etc.
- Checks and repairs pneumatic and hydraulic systems on molds.
- Maintains complete and accurate maintenance records.
- Operates on overhead crane.
- Comments: Frequent overtime and weekend work is required - often on short notice..
Experience Troubleshooting on Injection Molded Tooling
Abilty to open up a tool and root cause and fix the issues
Identify why shorts, sinks, ejectors, and parts are sticking in the tool
Up to 2500 ton press
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3761