Tool/Die Maker - Stamping
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs repair and preventive maintenance on progressive and transfer dies involved in Stamping
- Experience with Continuous Improvement on all tools.
- PM's on all stamping tools
- Troubleshoot and repair a die from burrs, splits
- Engineering Changes
- Welds and benches molds to return them to original condition.
- Operates standard tool shop equipment such as lathes, grinders, milling machines, etc.
- Checks and repairs pneumatic and hydraulic systems on molds.
- Maintains complete and accurate maintenance records.
- Operates on overhead crane.
- Comments: Frequent overtime and weekend work is required - often on short notice..
Extensive Stamping Die Troubleshooting- Splits and Burrs
Transfer and Progressive Dies
Ability to Sharpen die and weld
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3773