Tool Crib Attendant
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform inventory duties in a warehouse dedicated to tool distribution. When tools are received, they should be inspected for wear or defects and then recorded and stored for later use in appropriate locations.
- Distributes small items (PPE, equipment) to staff at window
- May lift totes of PPE – (up to 25-30 pounds) on floor to bottom shelf
- Laundry – loads and unloads front load washer/ dryer; folds and sorts items
- Uses shop vac once a week to vacuum lint out of dryer
- Once a week, unloads pallet of supplies that are brought in by a forklift. Highest shelf is 87 inches. Utilizes step stool or step ladder for reaching high areas.
- Heaviest item is a large box of 121 pairs of gloves (50 pounds). Tool crib attendant does not lift box. Will drag on the floor around work area to unpack gloves onto shelves
- Completes inventory and tracking of requisitions and enters data into computer
- Distributes forklift keys to drivers and collects paperwork for inventory
- May use 2 wheeled cart to move supplies throughout work area
- Shift is 12 hours rotating.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to push, pull, reach and lift above head and below shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry bumpers weighing up to 50lbs for as far as 50 feet
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.