Tool and Die
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool and Die Maker fabricates parts utilizing Standard Knee Mill, Lathes and Grinders, EDM. The Tool and Die Maker will produce this product in a safe manner, efficiently utilizing blueprints, sketches and other oral or written instructions. In addition, the Tool and Die Maker maintains and repairs pre-notch stamping dies, progressive stamping dies and other support equipment and other tasks as assigned as necessary to ensure production requirements are met. Will assist with mill changeovers.
- Maintain all dies, support equipment, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting problems.
- Fabricate details using blueprints, sketches, oral instructions using Manual Mills, Lathes and Grinders. Operate EDM.
- The Tool and Die Maker will be able to effectively read detailed blueprints and fabricate parts to specified tolerances using a variety of materials and processes.
- Assist at mills to trouble shoot die issues.
- Assist with die changeovers at the mills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate Tool and Die equipment, hand tools, including welding and heat treat.
- Ability to Operate all tool and die manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently.
- Understand blueprint reading, utilize personal protective equipment per company guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot machinery and processes.
- Prefer a minimum of 6 months sharpening and repair experience
- Prefer EDM experience
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.