Tool & Die Technician
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-n-Gate in Grand Prairie Texas is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Tooling Technician for our plastic injection molding and metal stamping manufacturing facility. As a Tooling Technician, the qualified individual will be responsible for the tear-down of plastic injection molds and stamping dies, and the repair and reassembly of them. There are three shifts currently needing positions filled. Overtime as needed.
- Examines form and texture of stamped metal parts to detect imperfections on Class A surface finish.
- Dismantles dies to gain access to and repair die components
- Knowledge of Hot Runner Systems, including Synventive, HRS
- Examine, form and texture of plastic parts to detect imperfections to Class A surfaces
- Dismantles dies to access and repair tool
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components
- Disassembly and assembly of molds
- Repair, modify and/or adjust molds
- Examine molds to determine feasibility of in-house repairs or modifications
- Diagnose problems and determine corrective actions
- Polishing, benching, spotting, grinding, drilling, machining, fitting and welding
- Ensure molds are in good and proper mechanical working order
- Perform preventative mold maintenance by following the preventative mold checklist
- Complete all associated paperwork having to do with mold maintenance and PM logs
- Electrical repair – limit switches
- Preventative maintenance and repair of production tools
- Provide technical assistance to production team and assist in problem solving
- Recommends equipment shutdown when not performing to specifications
- Experience & Knowledge required with:
- Drill Presses
- Precision measuring instruments (calipers and micrometers)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Internal applicants must satisfactorily pass the Skilled Trades Aptitude test.
- Good understanding of the concepts involved in electrical and hydraulic system diagnosis and repair
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- 5+ years tooling experience preferred
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.