Tool & Die Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool & Die Maker Supervisor oversees a variety of tool and die makers, and apprentices, and schedules, troubleshoots, and directs their work.
The Tool & Die Maker Supervisor oversees tool and die makers and apprentices, provides guidance, and overseees a variety of job duties including:
1. The Die Maker is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of stamping dies, progressive stamping dies and other support equipment.
2. Job tasks include, training of apprentices in a four year program with a progression of duties and responsibilities over time.
3. Ability to read prints and use measuring tools
4. Machining details using Manual Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Drill Presses, and Saws
5. Basic knowledge of 2 and 3 Axis CNC mills
6. Welding (TIG, MIG, & ARC), Basic knowledge of Heat Treating, Nitrogen Spring rebuilding
7. Understanding of Die Set-ups on Presses (Tandem line and blanking)
8. Ability to trouble-shoot and repair stamping dies and progressive stamping dies when break down occurs during production run.
9. Occasional heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds) but most lifting is less than 10 pounds.
10. May work in awkward positions with overhead reaching when assisting with repair work inside of presses
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of certified four-year tool and die apprentice training program or demonstrated O.J.T. proficiency. Includes shop mathematics, handbook formulas and trigonometry.
3. Must have thorough knowledge of and work with complicated blue prints, mechanical drawings, and sketches.
4. Capable of using of all types of precision measuring instruments.
5. Thorough knowledge of principles of mechanics and machine tool operations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.