Tool and Die Supervisor - 3rd Shift
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Texas LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The 3rd Shift Tool Room Supervisor coordinates and oversees the activities of the employees engaged in operating machines/equipment for general die maintenance and at the press machines. The Tool Room Supervisor assists the Tool Manager to ensure that production rates, schedules, quality, quantity and safety requirements are met.
- The new incumbent will be tasked with following the Tool Room Manager’s instructions and supervising the shift tool & die team in all aspects of the tool & die work.
- Enhanced press efficiency and quality of produced parts to eliminate reworking, will be a critical measure of success.
- Success will be measured by the incumbent’s ability to keep the presses running at the approved production rate, by being hands on, and leading his team members as required to maintain and improve the steel deep draw dies and progressive blanking dies.
- The new incumbent must have solid interpersonal and leadership skills with strong trouble shooting experience in deep draw dies and progressive dies.
- This is a visible management position, with delegation and people development responsibilities.
- The successful incumbent will be willing to follow instruction while being an independent thinker, self motivated hands on leader with significant attention to detail and who drives for timely results.
- Proficient in all department operations, providing absence relief when required.
- Develops or revises standard operational practices and observes associates to ensure compliance with standards.
- Conducts “on-the-job” training.
- Understands the policies for disciplinary action following guidelines and administering.
- Identifies problems and applies corrective action.
- Monitors employee performance and conducts evaluations of employee’s performance.
- Reviews reports and resolves operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost or delays.
- Conducts all responsibilities held by a department supervisor.
- Complies, stores and retrieves departmental records and maintains confidentiality.
- Completes required departmental documentation.
- Has general awareness of safety requirements and regulations.
- Understands the requirements and uses of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for proper collection, disposal and management of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Has general awareness and knowledge of ISO14001/TS16949, environmental standards, and how it affects the department.
- Has completed the overview for statistical process control.
- Understands the work order system and follows through on work order completion.
- Develops PM schedules for Tools and equipment.
- Completes weekly Safety Inspections and Observations
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 7 years tool & die experience in the repair of and trouble shooting deep draw dies and progressive dies.
- 2-5+ years of Injection Molding experience.
- 1 year minimum experience as a tool & die team leader.
- Knowledge of the operation of mechanical presses and automated coil feed lines.
- Demonstrated capability to motivate and hold individuals accountable for their actions.
- Welding and hand finishing of die steels
- Programming and operating CNC tool room equipment as well as manual tool room equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing environment
- Must work 10pm-6:30am Sun-Thursday, rotate Friday's and Overtime as required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3641