Tool & Die Makers
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
.Primary responsibility is to troubleshoot and repair machines throughout the plant and assist with all functions of the tool room. Responsible for quality of workmanship and ensuring completion of tasks. Able to troubleshoot and repair progressive and secondary stamping dies.
- Individual should have advance understanding of MIG/TIG welding tool steel. Including but not limited to A-2, D-2, S-7, 4140 and O-1 steel.
- Must be capable of operating equipment such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, and drilling machines. Must be able to grind tool steel and shim trim steel and punches.
- Associate must have ability to read blue print or die/tooling details. Individual must have demonstrated ability to read measuring devices including calipers, micrometer and liner calipers.
- Ability to troubleshoot dies and repair machinery and fixtures throughout the plant.
- Willingness to assist in ensuring 5-S standards of housekeeping are maintained in tool room area.
- Assists in ensuring safety standards and compliance with work rules are consistently followed throughout tool room.
- Reports any and all safety issues immediately to department manager / EHS Dept.
- Ensures Lockout / Tag-Out procedures are followed when working on equipment.
- Recommends shut down of equipment if found to be unsafe or not capable of performing to specifications.
- Follow ISO 14001 requirements per standards.
- Follow TS16949 requirements per standards.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Minimum of 7 years prior experience in the trade or journeyman card holder.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5489