Tool & Die Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Repairs and maintains assembly lines and injection moulds. Builds, repairs and designs fixtures, tools and replacements parts by using blueprints or making sketches.
- Repairs and modifies fixtures and moulds by troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Liaises with mould contractors to ensure build is in accordance with plant’s standards;
- Polishes, repairs and modifies moulds using pneumatic grinders, finishing stones and other abrasives;
- Maintains set-up of assembly lines by fabricating, redesigning and modifying to suit needs;
- Builds and designs tools, fixtures, gauges, hand tools and End Of Arm Tools for robots;
- Develops jigs, fixtures and gauges by sketching specifications;
- Prepares stock for machining, measuring, marking and scribing and performing calculations for tool and die procedures;
- Confirms tools, gauges and fixtures by comparing measurements to specifications using micrometers, verniers and gauge blocks;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and install additions maintain continuous improvements;
- Maintains spare parts inventory for anticipated stock, Notifies Lead Hand/Supervisor when low in stock;
- Records & documents materials used;
- Receive work orders and after completion of work write a report describing job and time spent;
- Uses casting materials to make nests for trimming and other fixtures;
- Assists millwrights with general repairs by machining and fabricating new equipment.
College Diploma in Applied Technology in Tool and Die Making
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.