Tool & Die Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Guardian West LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is looking for an experienced Tool and Die Maker for its facility in Urbana, IL.
Scope of the Position: will require the incumbent to fabricate and repairs metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinists hand tools.
- Examines form and texture of stamped metal parts to detect imperfections on Class A surface finish.
- Dismantles dies to gain access to and repair die components.
- Starts metal stamping presses (progressive, robotic transfer lines, blanking presses) to test their performance.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate metal parts
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Lifts dies and machined parts with overhead cranes.
- Smooth flat and contoured die surfaces with power grinders.
- Fits and assembles metal parts together into assemblies.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat treats metal tools or parts.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components of die equipment.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general description for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Must have 7+ years metal stamping experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing to work evening shifts
- Ability to use measuring devices accurately
- Understanding of algebra, trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to develop root cause analysis skills
- Must qualify for Tool & Die college level program
- Previous die washing experience
- Machine shop experience beneficial
- Must be self-directed
- Must be able to lift minimum of 60 pounds
- Able to communicate effectively with all associates
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.