Tool & Die Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Our Tool Room is under new management
The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for working under minimal supervision, laying out, constructing and repairing shop tools, gauges, fixtures, jigs and dies per blueprints, drawings and /or verbal instructions for use within the plant.
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Time Management
- Quality Orientation
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision making and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Operating Equipment
- Development and Continual Learning
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coaching and Mentoring
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Qualification for Tool and Die Maker
- Min. 1-3 years working experience in Tool and Die Making/Maintenance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and improve dies
- Good understanding of presses and how they affect die performance and part quality
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.