Tool and Die Maker
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Requires the layout of simple dies from prints or sketches and the ability to lay out and complete any information lacking in the print or in some cases to develop and make the set complete from the part drawing
The operation requires the ability to plan and perform the fabrication and/or repair of all types of dies, die sets and similar devices.
- Journeyman Card Required. (Normally at least eight years of experience is required; six years of tool and die making and the completion of a recognized apprenticeship program.
- Requires the ability to use all tool room tools and machine shop equipment, such as lathe, mill, shaper, drill press, bank filer, radial drill, disc sander and grinder, jig borer, etc.
- Requires competent use of precision measuring instructions such as gauges, calipers, micrometer, height gauge, etc.
- Experience with TIG welding.
- Material used, in general, metal.
- Work to tolerances of .0005 inch when required.
- Housekeeping-keeps his machine and immediate work area clean, free from obstructions and in an orderly condition.
- Must use shop mathematics, including trigonometry and be able to interpret complicated blue prints.
- Lifting of heavy material. (Most tools are heavy and must be intermittently shifted about or moved from bench to bench)
- General education requirements; High School and/or GED and related vocational schooling
- Must be able to work in environment with welding fumes from robots.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, kneel, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required 6-7 days per week.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.