Tool & Die Maker
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate will be able to work in a team environment and have good problem solving skills. You will be able to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis with well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Perform daily/monthly trouble shooting, improvements, PM, repairs, modifications on moulds and auxiliary equipment;
- Read and verify all critical information on the Work Order and on the drawings;
- Able to operate lathe, milling machine, surface grinder, welding equipment, radial drilling machine independently;
- Assemble and maintain hot runner systems;
- Ensure that all the tools and fixtures are present at the workplace to ensure that the maintenance is done properly;
- Experience in design and manufacturing End of Arms Tools;
- Knowledge in robots, injection moulding machines and their auxiliary equipment;
- Ability to do repairs to texture surfaces.
- Graduate of a Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Program or equivalent;
- Must hold a ticket in Mould Making;
- Must have experience in an injection moulding facility;
- Must have forklift and crane license;
- Electrical/hydraulic and hot runners experience, an asset;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to work within tight deadlines.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.