Tool & Die Maintenance Technician
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position is primarily responsible for the repair and preventitive maintenance of production tooling. This person will provide technical assistance to production personnel and assist in problem solving, as well as being accountable for their quality of workmanship and task completion.
- Operates equipment such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, and drilling machines for the purpose of repairing injection mold equipment die.
- Recommends shut down of equipment if found to be unsafe or not capable of performing to specifications.
- Ensures Lock-Out / Tag-Out procedures are followed when working on equipment.
- Maintains 5-S standards of housekeeping throughout tool room area.
- Performs duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Has awareness of own role and responsibility with respect to the environment, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Responds to environmental incidents to the extent of their training and insofar as they can do so safely.
- Reports environmental incidents immediately to supervisor of the affected area.
- Has awareness of the importance of conformance with environmental policies, procedures, and with the requirements of the EMS.
- Has awareness of the significant environmental aspects of own work activities and the benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understands the effect on the environment of departing from specified operating procedures (work practices) and the potential legal consequences to the employee and the facility.
- Performs tasks according to safety standards and compliance with established work rules. Reports any and all safety issues immediately to department supervisor / department manager / EHS Dept.
High school diploma or GED is required. In addition, the equivalent of 2+ years of Tool & Die Experience and/or a combination of Apprenticeship and experience.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.