Tool & Die Level 2
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Injection Molding Tool & Die Repair – Repair and preventative maintenance of production tooling.
Operate equipment such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, and drilling machines for the purpose of repairing injection mold dies.
Monitor and maintain injection molding machine dies, able to make recommendations to maintain quality parts.
Repair and preventative maintenance of production tooling.
• Lifts dies and machined parts with overhead cranes.
• Operate equipment such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, welding equipment and drilling machines for the purpose of repairing injection mold dies.
• Follow and maintain TS16949/ISO14001 policies, procedures, work instructions and forms.
• Monitor and maintain injection molding machine, able to make recommendations to maintain quality parts.
• Meeting/exceeding documented safety, quality, environmental and production goals.
• Assemble and maintain hot runner systems.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Degree and/or Technical training preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in an automotive injection molding manufacturing environment preferred.
• Two years’ experience with the tear down and maintenance of 900+ lb plastic injection molds preferred.
• Journeyman status preferred.
• Electrical/hydraulic and hot runners experience preferred.
• Must be flexible and able to work all shifts and hours, including overtime with little or no notice to complete tasks.
• Must be able to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
• Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Operation of Crane and Forklift – ability to obtain a Forklift and Crane license issued by Flex-N-Gate within 30 days.
• Must be proficient and skilled with tooling, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems, preferably in a plastics facility.
• Uses ratchet, impact wrench with heavy compressive load at ground level and overhead to fasten molds in place.
• Works in awkward positions on top of and inside presses
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.