Tool and Die Helper
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool Room Helper is responsible for assisting in the upkeep of the tool and die area, die racks and storage areas. The Tool Room Helper should have the desire to increase skill levels in all areas of tool room operation with the intention of entering a formal Tool and Die Training Program.
- Clean, paint and organize tool room
- Use basic hand tools
- Move dies to and from die racks and storage areas
- Wash dies and equipment as needed
- Safely operate overhead crane and forklift
- Support tool and die repairmen as needed
- Participate, recommend, and initiate continuous improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education required
- Some experience is a high-volume metal stamping environment
- Ability to properly use measuring tools, gauges and fixtures
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Strong reading, writing, math, and problem solving skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.