Tool and Die Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool and Die Apprentice will be responsible for completing on-the job-training and classroom training to achieve a Journeyman Card. Apprentices are responsible for their proficiency in becoming skilled in Tool and Die repair.
Tool and Die Maker apprentices will achieve proficiency in areas such as:
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing single hit, transfer and progressive dies
- Working from blueprints and sketches to create or modify tools and dies
- Verifying dimensions using measuring instruments
- Conducting test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications and making adjustments as necessary
- Safely operate overhead crane and forklift
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education required
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relative, teacher/ instructor, supervisor, etc.)
- Completed application
- Basic skills test score of 75% or higher
- Able to pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug screen and physical
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Strong reading, writing, math, and problem solving skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.