Tool and Die Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Tool and Die Maker Apprentice will be responsible for completing on-the job-training and classroom training to achieve a Journeyman Card. Apprentices are responsible for their proficiency in becoming skilled in Tool and Die repair
Tool and Die Maker apprentice will achieve proficiency in areas such as:
- Following safe work practices at all times
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair single hit, transfer and progressive dies
- Works from blueprints and sketches to create or modify tools, dies, jigs and molds
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
Applicants will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required (must provide transcript or official copy of diploma/ GED)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relative, teacher/ instructor, supervisor, etc.)
- Completed application
- Basic skills test score of 75% or higher
- Able to pass pre-employment screening including background check, drug screen and physical
- Prefer previous experience working on presses
- Prefer candidates with previous tooling experience in a manufacturing environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 4921