- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This Test Engineer position will be responsible for the management of validation test priority, evaluation of test results, test trouble-shooting, failure mode root cause analysis, and validation documentation conformance. Test engineer will also be required to evaluate customer and regulatory test specifications for understanding of test method and equipment compatibility as well as potential impact to ED&T budgets relative to new business acquisition.
- Lead periodic meeting to establish lamp testing priority based on program milestones and lamp availability
- Manage outsourcing off tests to other FNG internal labs and independent labs
- Daily interface with program managers, engineering mangers, engineering supervisors, and engineers to insure test priority is maintained
- Maintain a visible priority summary capturing key dates for part availability/quantity, test completion, and required completion dates
- Assist in evaluation of test results versus customer or regulatory test requirements, seek customer or management sign-off as required
- Troubleshoot testing set-up and validation parts for resolution of testing deficiencies when they arise
- Assist with failure mode and root cause analysis for testing failures. Recommend design or test set up improvements to resolve testing failures
- Work with Lab Supervisor to coordinate test schedule based on result of testing priority meeting and part availability
- Insure Lab Supervisor and Technicians understand program specific test completion need dates and are scheduling testing to meet these requirements
- Assist engineer in acquisition and compilation of test reports for completion of validation reports
- Review test reports and insure they meet the needs of customer or regulatory report requirements
- Coordinate third party certification including working with regulatory staff to submit test application
- Evaluation of customer and regulatory specification changes for impact to test timing, equipment, ED&T budgets, part pedigree, etc.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager, Lab Supervisor, PD and EE to ensure the availability of the accurate rated light sources, testing harnesses, connectors and special lighting device powering equipment to support testing requirements and timing for new lighting device programs.
- Assist with part and fixture management relative to testing requirements and timing needs
- Coordinate fixture design confirmation and compliance to test standards.
- Work with program manager and engineer to insure fixture build timing supports testing delivery timing
- Assist Regulatory Supervisor with Cert Report Preparation
- Assist Regulatory Supervisor with Sharepoint document uploads and general maintenance
- At least 4 years of experience in automotive validation testing.
- 2 year technical degree with 3-5 years of work experience minimum; Bachelors with 3 years or more experience preferred
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Computer literacy with emphasis in: Word, Excel and Access
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff and customers: negotiating, problem solving, training, etc.
- Blue print, GD&T, and SPC knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with TS16949.
- Current Lead Auditor Certification a plus.
- Self-motivated with good attendance.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.