Team Lead - Assembly
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Provide team members with responsibility for successful completion of department tasks & responsibilities. This is a 2nd shift position.
- Support and maintain compliance utilizing a general awareness of safety requirements, regulations and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Support and maintain compliance utilizing a general awareness and knowledge of TS, Inspection, Quality, Environmental and Production Standards.
- Provide relief as needed to cover absences.
- Maintain knowledge of operations in the department.
- Identify, improve and provide immediate operational corrective actions for production problems.
- Conduct “on the job” training for new employees.
- Conduct training and ensure compliance of work instructions, safety talks and other communication as required.
- Assign employee placement within the department and delegates tasks.
- May act as a back-up to the supervisor.
- Complete documentation as required by department.
- Complete teardowns and verifying components from teardowns are dispositioned properly.
- Stock clips, bolts, nuts, brackets, and any other materials needed on the line.
- Ensure tools are present and available as needed on the line.
- Assist in creating and maintaining procedures, work instructions, and process flows as needed.
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed including overtime.
- Must be able to obtain Lock Out/Tag Out affected employee certification and retain knowledge of procedures.
- Demonstrated efficient operation of all the machinery and operations in the department/cell.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to undergo continuous training to enhance skills.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license issued from Flex N Gate Plastics and maintain license.
- Proficient with database applications such as AS400, MS Office, Customer Websites.
- Demonstrated a strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and planning abilities.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good attendance is critical.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions.
- Previous Leadership and Training experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities required, including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act independently.
- Manufacturing experience with a thorough understanding of manufacturing processes required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated a safe work history.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making ability.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.