Supplier Quality Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy Corporate, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The SQA position is a FNG Purchasing team member that closely collaborates with our manufacturing locations and suppliers to ensure supplier compliance with quality standards and requirements. Heavy support is provided to the Purchasing Buyer teams during the sourcing phase be providing supplier onsite assessments and other due diligence requests.
- When plant level supplier management fails or stalls SQA acts as a quality technical resource and liaison between the supplier and FNG manufacturing site.
- Participates in root cause analysis and supports resolution and validation of supplier corrective action plans.
- Perform supplier quality assessments and various applicable special process audits.
- Maintain and distribute several supplier problem-monitoring reports.
- 50-75% Level of travel primarily to supplier locations in their region and to assigned FNG plants. Expect that trip duration can typically take 2-3 days of the workweek, but can last longer based on the specific need.
- Occasionally must anticipate and always be prepared to travel with little to no notification, including some weekend overlays.
- Prefer 5 years’ experience working in an automotive Tier 1 IATF: 16949/ISO certified organization in a Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality lead function.
- Experience in Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA & MSA) required and understands basic SPC concepts.
- Minimum requirement with training or certification in IATF: 16949 Internal Auditing and any automotive problem solving techniques.
- Experienced developing and implementing corrective action projects and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as molding, stamping, welding, painting, assembly etc.
• Accountability and Dependability
• Problem Solving
• Understand GDT/Blueprint reading
• Understand engineering specifications
• Mathematical- Empirical Reasoning
• Communication & Team Work
• Energy level and handles stress well
• Time Management, Planning and Organizing
• Ethics and Integrity
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 9100