- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs typical duties of a Supervisor but has additional responsibility to provide general supervision across all production areas as needed.
Primary responsibility is the supervision of employee activities in a designated area, as a team, with indirect, direct, supervisor & management of the department. Job objective is to assist Area Supervisor to ensure that production rates, schedules, quality, quantity & safety requirements are met. Trains direct labor associates on job responsibilities and priorities. Verifies that operators have proper training, tools, equipment, W.I.P. product & proper protective equipment to do their job.
- Helps investigate injuries, accidents, or near misses throughout the plant and provides detailed documentation to Human Resources, EHS, and/or Production Manager.
- Communicates with customers who contact the plant on 3rd
- Exercises direct supervision over associates working in designated zone with respect to safety, production quantity & quality.
- Meets goal of 100% production schedules & shipments established through plant management and production control.
- Ensures production boards are checked hourly for rate attainment, scrap, down time, down time reason. Verifies that boards are filled out correctly; major variances must be reported to supervisor.
- Reviews data when hourly rates are not achieved and puts corrective action into place by using problem solving techniques.
- Reviews data for causes of scrap and puts corrective action in place by using problem solving techniques.
- Reviews data to determine down time causes and puts corrective action in place by using problem solving techniques.
- Notifies supervisor when production rates are not being made, as well as scrap & downtime issues that are impeding production.
- Initiates paper work for disciplinary action as needed.
- Checks quality of parts being packed off.
- Assists Supervisor & Production Manager in responding to corrective actions from customer complaints by leading problem solving teams.
- Maintains & improves 5-S Standards & house keeping in designated zone and throughout the plant.
- Addresses safety issues immediately with Supervisor or Production
- Notifies proper person and Supervisor when W.I.P. stock shortage exists.
- Provides proper components, W.I.P. stock, and packaging to line as needed.
- Relieves operators for breaks as needed.
- Performs set-up verification.
- Verifies that master test parts verification was performed on jobs.
- Reworks product as needed.
- Resets equipment as needed.
- Assists Supervisor with employee rating forms in their designated area.
- Completes proper production reporting for the area.
- Ensures efficient utilization and upkeep of machines, equipment & facility.
- Communicates with team leader of next shift on current production issues.
- Performs area inspections daily with team leader of next shift for 5-S issues, non-conforming or unidentified product.
- Develops, implements, monitors and enforces standardized work in their areas; performs audit of operators in their section twice per shift.
- Trains existing and new employees on how to properly perform their work duties & to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Works toward continuous improvement within their area to meet company goals.
- Follows ISO14001 guidelines as they relate to specific job activities.
- Performs duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Has awareness of own role and responsibility with respect to the environment, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Responds to environmental incidents to the extent of their training and insofar as they can do so safely.
- Reports environmental incidents immediately to supervisor of the affected area.
- Has awareness of the importance of conformance with environmental policies, procedures, and with the requirements of the EMS.
- Has awareness of the significant environmental aspects of own work activities and the benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understands the effect on the environment of departing from specified operating procedures (work practices) and the potential legal consequences to the employee and the facility.
- Fills in as acting supervisor as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as directed/assigned by supervisor or upper management.
- Works with management to attain company goals.
* On time delivery of 100%
* Reduce scrap by 50% each year.
* 0% work related injuries.
* Maintain & improve 5-S principles.
* Stock must be kept neat, organized, properly identified & in designated spot at all
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.