- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for receipt, verification, handling and distribution of steel coil
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for receiving steel coil and proper location of it
- Organizes and stores steel in designated locations and accurately records it
- Uses CMS and label creation knowledge for proper tagging of steel
- Coordinates with Shipping & Receiving to understand delivery times and schedules
- Monitors die set up schedules and production schedules to ensure coils are available as needed
- Safely operates the crane for transfer of steel coils.
- Verifies width and gauge of steel with a tape measure to ensure it is proper for set up.
- Communicates all issues with the Materials group and Production Supervisors in a timely manner
- Works closely with support staff such as Maintenance, Material Handlers to resolve production issues
- Performs general housekeeping duties as required in work areas.
- Note: This description covers the major duties performed, but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned that would not alter the rating of the job.
- Has the responsibility to aid in the provision of a safe and clean work environment. This will be accomplished by participating in the safety process. Examples of participation would include, but not limited to conducting internal safety audits, investigation of accidents and communication of safety related information.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO/TS16949 compliance within the materials discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO14001 compliance with the materials discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand and follow all quality alerts.
- Ability to accurately measure and inspect
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must have Crane Certification
- Must have Hi-Lo License.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.