Software Support and Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Systems
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is seeking a full time support / administrator person for our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
Our PLM system was developed internally, and is used by our employees. At its core, it is project management software for our awarded business. New programs are entered into PLM, and are managed there, including program timing, bill of material, open issues, budgeting, engineering changes, documents and much more.
This position will provide support for the PLM system to our 60+ plants worldwide. It will also administrate the PLM system.
• Learn about our PLM system from the business and users’ perspective.
• Become the first point of contact for support of Flex-N-Gate employees using the PLM system.
• Provide phone and/or WebEx support as required.
• Monitor the PLM email inbox, and/or help desk software tickets, following up and responding to end users issues.
• Direct emails / tickets to the development team as required.
• Track common issues, and report them to the development and/or training team to be addressed with permanent fixes, software enhancements or training material.
• Manage user accounts, including adding new users, disabling users, and managing user preferences and settings.
• Manage master data used throughout the system, such as suppliers, customers, locations, etc.
• Other miscellaneous administrative tasks related to PLM.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, typing, troubleshooting software, etc.
- Experience with Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of the automotive or other manufacturing industry.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3794