- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Shipping Manager is responsible to plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations through work instructions aimed at the goals set by the company and / or corporate, to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Perform trusted link process to download releases on CMS, ensuring accuracy and non-duplication.
- Manager shipping schedules (weekly & daily).
- Manages the activies and staff necessary to support satisfaction of customer requirements including but not limited to managent of customer interactive communication tools and methods.
- Reports open issues at shift change.
- Plan, develop, or implement plant safety and security programs and activities.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate plant activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of plant, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and concerns.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Develop or implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design.
- Track and trace goods while they are en route to their destinations, expediting orders when necessary.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from a College/University in related field or similar.
- 5+ year´s related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 years minimum supervisory experience required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent internal/external customer service skills.
- Kowledge of autmotive industry preferred.
- Good presentation skills.
- Travel as necessary.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4385